Australian Government Funding
In late 2013, Logan City Council, along with a number of project partners, applied for and was successful in receiving $1.59 million of Australian Government funding to restore a significant portion of Slacks Creek.
Activities are being undertaken at six project sites:
- Riverdale Park, Meadowbrook
- Griffith University Logan Campus, Meadowbrook
- Logan City Golf Club, Meadowbrook
- Meakin Park, Slacks Creek
- Compton Road to Moss Street, Slacks Creek
- Shailer Pioneer Park, Shailer Park
Works at these sites will be supported by funding from the Australian Government until 2018, and the outcomes are to:
- revegetate and restore approximately 25 hectares along Slacks Creek to increase habitat for wildlife, improve habitat quality, and reconnect areas of existing vegetation
- improve water quality, bank stabilisation and pollutant mitigation
- increase knowledge and engagement of the community to better conserve, manage and protect natural resources.
This project is supported by Logan City Council, CSIRO, Griffith University, Logan City Golf Club, the Water and Carbon Group, and a number of community partners through funding from the Australian Government and Logan City Council.